Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Night Links




















Slate Movie Club - These guys kill it from start to finish, all 18 entries.

The Millions: Most Anticipated Books 2016 - A must read for must reads.

N+1 Year in Review - RIP Ornette Coleman (1930-2015).

ESPN's Fights of the Year - I probably would have gone with Glowacki-Huck at #1 over Vargas-Miura.  Matthysse-Provodnikov mostly notable for Provodnikov's incredible chin; for the most part, Provodnikov was too slow to catch Matthysse with anything the Argentinian couldn't handle.  Alvarez-Kirkland too one-sided to be truly great.  Still catching up on the rest.  

Diving in Blind: Here's What One Critic Learned From Her First Phish Concert - The barriers to entry are surprisingly low.

80 Books Every Person Should Read - I have read 15, which was more than I expected.  I never do very well on lists like this.  I think my best score is on Larry McCaffery's list, where I've read 25 out of 100.  

Inside the Mind (and Mouth) of America's Gutsiest Food Critic - Almost certainly America's best food critic.

Philly Jesus in the Mummers Parade - Pretty much the most Philly thing possible.

2 comments: